Time to complete: 10-15 minutes
After creating a company account, you will create products, services, and/or bundles. These terms refer to your inventory.
- Products are specific items you offer your customers
- Services are services you offer your customers
- Bundles are a combination of products and services that you offer your customers
Both customer service representatives and field workers will use products, services, and bundles in their workflow.
- Customer service representatives can add products, services, and bundles to jobs before dispatching them to customers
- Field workers can add products, services, and bundles to work orders in the field on their mobile device.
Products, Services, and Bundles can be organized into Product & Service Groups in your company settings. This article will show you how to create groups, and how to create products, services, and bundles.
How to create Product and Service Groups
Groups allow you to organize your products and services into categories. To create a group, go to the ServiceBridge home page, click on company settings, and select Products Services.
Scroll to Product & Service Groups and click on the Universal Add Button.
A form will appear prompting you to create this group. You will choose:
- Group type. Is it a product, a service, or a bundle?
- Name the group
- Income Account. What income account is this product associated with?
- Apply to all products. Will all your products be part of this group? Choose on for yes and off for no.
When completed, click save. You have now created a product group.
How to create a products, services, and/or bundles
First, go the Universal Add Button and click on Product/Service. A form will appear that gives you the option of creating a product, service, or bundle.
If you choose Product, you will see this form. Apart from the two sections at the bottom--units and cost, which are highlighted--this is the same form you will see if you select Service.
If you are creating a Product, select product at the top of the form. Then, fill out the form. The items are as follows:
- SKU. The product's stock keeping unit
- Group. Select which group this product will be a part of
- Name. What is the name of the product? The name will be searchable on both mobile and web versions of ServiceBridge
- Description. Provide a description of the product
- Income Account. Choose the income account this product is associated with
- Taxable. Is the product taxable?
- Commissionable. Is the product commissionable?
- Units. This is a product-specific item. Select the unit for this product
- Cost. This is a product-specific item. Select the cost of this product
- Price. What is the product's sell price?
Apart from Units and Costs, you will enter the same information for a Service you would for a product. In their place will be Charge Type and Estimated Duration.
If you create a Service, you will fill out the same form you did for a Product. However, there will be two new items--charge type and estimated duration.
Create a Bundle
A Bundle is a combination of products and services. With bundles, you can combine common products and services pairings; this will save you time, as you will not have to search for products and services separately.
When creating a bundle, fill out the form, and include the products and services you are combining.
Lock Quantity and Price. Choose whether the bundle quantity and price will be locked. If it is locked, employees will not be able to change it from their mobile device.